TEL: 09-513 5555 samb 2371
|Dr. Azlina binti Abd Rahman
Pahang State Head of Pathology Service
|Dr. Norra binti Harun
Head of Pathology Department
PATHOLOGY DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVE
Provides an efficient, effective and accurate diagnostic pathology services for the treatment of in-patients and out-patients.
PATHOLOGY DEPARTMENT VISION STATEMENT
The Department of Pathology, Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan will be the best medical laboratory by providing a quality, cost effective and innovative testing with latest technology in clinical laboratory diagnostic services.
PATHOLOGY DEPARTMENT MISSION STATEMENT
We are committed to work together as a team of qualified professionals to provide an excellent patient care by providing comprehensive, high quality laboratory testing and patient focused expert consultation in clinical diagnostic service.
PATHOLOGY DEPARTMENT CLIENT CHARTER
To all our clients,
We promise that we;
- Shall give a quality service based on Ministry of Health standard requirements.
- Laboratory results are CONFIDENTIAL and BELONG to Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan, Kuantan.
- Shall perform services based on time stated:
15 to 45 minutes
45 to 60 minutes
45 minutes to 4 hours
Urine Pregnancy Test
Full Blood Count
45 minutes to 4 hours
Dengue rapid test
45 to 60 minutes
CSF Gram Stain & India Ink
Acid Fast Bacilli
GENERAL OPERATING POLICIES
Pathology Department of Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan, Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur is the main referral center for diagnostic services in the state of Pahang. It has been accredited by Skim Akreditasi Makmal Malaysia for MS ISO 15189: 2007 since August 2011 and for MS ISO 15189: 2014 since 2015 in the field of medical testing which consist of Histopathology, Cytology, Chemical Pathology, Haematology, Microbiology and Virology which comply with the international standard.
The Pathology Department is located at the ground floor of the hospital main block. The ACC Clinical Laboratory is located at the second level of the Ambulatory Care Center building.
It is our policy to provide reliable and timely results to our customers through continuous improvement of the quality system.
- The objective of our Quality Management System is to provide medical laboratory testing services in accordance with the applicable standards and good laboratory practices to satisfy the requirements and expectation of our customers.
- We shall ensure that all testing and related activities are carried out in accordance with documented procedures.
- All the laboratory personnel shall familiarize themselves and comply with the policies and procedures in the Laboratory Quality Manual and associated documents at all times.
- This laboratory shall strive to maintain accreditation and certification according to MS ISO 15189 : 2014.
Quality Improvement Activities
Pathology Department participates in many quality improvement activities such as :
- Internal quality control monitoring
- Participation in external quality assurance programme for nearly all tests
- Monitoring turn-around-time.
Apart from the above quality improvement activities , improvement opportunities are also identified through customer complaints, customer satisfaction surveys, incidents reporting, management review meetings and internal audits and where appropriate, corrective actions are implemented and reviewed to ensure that action has been taken and non-conformities do not recur.
Strict safety measures are practised according to the Laboratory Safety Manual (version 2023).
The Pathology Department is involved in clinical research and development within the department as well as other departments in HTAA and local universities.
SERVICES AND FUNCTIONS
The department of Pathology provides diagnostics and consultancy services in the following disciplines of pathology :
- Integrated Laboratory
- Chemical Pathology
These services are carried out by respective laboratories. Ambulatory Care Complex (ACC) Satellite Laboratory provides basic routine chemical pathology and haematology tests to serve the specialists clinics there.
Apart from offering diagnostic services the department also acts as a training centre for various levels and categories of staff including Medical Officer, Scientific Officer, Medical Laboratory Technologist, student from Institute of Higher Learning and Pathologist for gazettement in various disciplines in pathology.
The Pathology Department provides 24 hours service for routine diagnostic testing in the Chemical Pathology Laboratory, Haematology Laboratory and Bacteriology Laboratory.
The other laboratories (Cytology, Histopathology, Serology, Specialized Haematology, Specialized Chemical Pathology, Mycology, Serology, Parasitology, Molecular and ACC Clinical Laboratory) provide diagnostic testing during office hours from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Test schedules are included under the list of tests.
On-call medical officer and pathologists are available for consultation or assistance for 24 hours.
TYPE OF SERVICES
Tests under urgent request which are vital for patient immediate management will be given priority and processed immediately within the stipulated TAT. The stipulated TAT given for STAT test is applicable for single test ordered only.
Routine tests are processed within the requirement of the TAT.
- Specimens should be sealed and sent directly to the respective laboratory.
- Specimens should be sent to the laboratory by designated personnel.
- Chain of custody should be maintained at all times and record book should accompany the
This area is involved in receiving, checking and storing of specimens before the specimens are sent to the specific laboratories for analysis.
Office hour :Receive all specimens for biochemical, haematology, serology, parasitology and microbiology. Specimens for histopathology, cytology and molecular test must be sent directly to the respective laboratory.
After office hour :Receive all specimen
Tarikh Kemaskini : 11 Disember 2023